- Do you have 2 eyes, 2 hands and 2 feet? - Be Very Grateful
- Can you hear the birds, music, your loved ones voices? - You should Be Grateful
- Are you able to see the flowers, read a book? - Be Grateful
- Did you sleep in a bed last night? - You should Be Grateful
- If you are not starving? - You should Be Grateful
- Do you have work? - either way, Be Grateful
- Always start each and every day with a smile & a great attitude
- Great Attitude is worth repeating – start the day knowing that you are blessed – without knowing you personally, I do know that if you are able to read this, then you are among the richest people in the world – I’m assuming that you have access to a computer, you have access to the internet, and with that, you have the knowledge of the world within your reach, if only you will apply yourself and use these powerful tools.
- Greet everyone you pass with a smile: family, friends and strangers all the same
- Wake up proclaiming that this will be your best day ever! If very well could be if you will work to make it so.
- Give a compliment to someone EVERY day
- Send a thank you note to someone who has been nice to you at anytime during your life
- Be NICE to someone – that will make this a better world for 2 people, both you and the person that you help.
- Be a good role model – others around you will notice
- Write a short kind note to your family member, neighbor, co-worker
- Express your love – let the ones that you love know it now. They’ll be glad to hear it and you’ll be glad that you said it NOW, before it is too late.
- Be decent – you take the opportunity to take the high road when dealing with others and their differences. Respect the differences of others.
- Respect others - always remember that your point of view is your own. Others will have their own view of things. Unless it’s a life or death matter, let most things go, respect the differences of others. It’s not worth arguing about it.
- Open your heart – let someone in. There is value in every person. You are also worth loving.
- Sing – identify and hold on to your very own HAPPY SONG. Whenever I need an instant pick me up, I have a song that I sing. No matter what I am going through, I can always summon up, my “HAPPY SONG”. Identify your own Happy Song, and sing/hmm it anytime you feel the need.
- Sing with others. We make up songs in the car. I like to lead us in singing “ON THE ROAD AGAIN” by Willie Nelson. Everyone smiles, and the kids think that it’s funny.
- Give guidance – others need your wise counsel
- Respect your mother and father– often they have been through quite a bit in order to feed and clothe and keep a roof over your head
- Give compliments – it really brightens a person’s day. Express mercy and show compassion
- Hug someone – you really can’t beat it for that all over warm feeling
- Be honest – enough said
- Lend a hand – surely you know of an older person or single mother that could use a helping hand – something repaired, grass cut, a babysitter, and errand run
- Be a good listener – when you ask a person, how is it going, take the time to hear if they really need someone to talk to.
- Smile – you can affect another person’s entire day, just because you have smiled at them. A smile cost you nothing and can mean so much to someone else.
- Talk out loud about your Dreams –
- Listen to the Dreams of others –
- Be an Inspiration to others
- Inspire – Motivate – Educate
- Laugh – and laugh often - it’s really good for your heart, it’s good for your mind, it’s just good for you!
- Don’t sweat the small stuff – Rules #1 thru #10 - if it’s not life or death, then it’s very likely small stuff-
- Once you realize what is really important in life, then the small petty things that you often worry about, will suddenly loose their meaning.
- Respect others – we are seeking respect, love and acceptance. Once you realize this, most arguments will seem petty.
- Be the first to say hello when passing a stranger
- Be passionate – it gives your life meaning and zest
- Stretch your imagination – everything begins with an idea. All big accomplishments begin with Great ideas.
- Show affection now – you don’t get any do-overs at the end. It does no one any good to show up saying nice words at a funeral.
- Send an email to the General Manager of the television and newspaper, visit their websites, email and insist that they run a greater number of positive news stories
- Call some local nursing homes. Ask them if they accept volunteers? Ask if you can make short visits to people who do not receive visitors? Take over some flowers from a garden or an inexpensive plant from Wal-Mart.
- FREE STUFF – you can get all sorts of totally cool free stuff (something new everyday) – cars, haircuts, furniture, etc, a little bit of everything. In your search bar (Google or yahoo) TYPE: www.craigslist.org + FREE STUFF + (your city name), this one really, really, really works for all sorts of neat, FREE stuff.
- Put something you no longer need on Craigslist in the free stuff classifieds www.craigslist.org/
- Buy a phone card and give to a homeless shelter for them to give to someone
- Make a CD of uplifting songs and give to a friend or coworker, give out 2 or more of these happy CD’s at work
- Donate one hour of your time per week to a worthy cause such as this one
- Cook dinner and deliver it to an older neighbor or sickly person from your church
- Write a note, send a e-greeting "just to say hello" to someone who might need a pick me up
- Put a quarter in a parking meter that has expired
- Stop; take the time to write a thank-you note to a person from your past that has made a difference in your life, a teacher, a friend, etc.
- Send someone an animated greeting card on the internet, try http://www.123greetings.com/stay_in_touch/
- Write letters/send emails of appreciation to groups who are helping the community, children, the poor, etc.
- Send a card to a friend or relative you haven't seen for some time. Include a photo of yourself and/or your family.
- Make a point of introducing yourself to someone you see all of the time but never say hello to.
- If you know someone who is having a hard time financially, pop a $5, $10 or $20 note in an envelope, disguise your writing or type the envelope, and mail it to them. Include a brief note of encouragement, just say it’s from a friend or any name they don’t know.
- Offer to baby sit
- Donate clothes to goodwill, they are listed in the telephone book
- Your simple act of kindness will be a blessing to someone else
Kindness can change the world…
- One kind thought
- One kind word
- One Smile
- One kind deed
- One person at a time, 10 people, 1000 people, and then 1,000,000 people at a time.
Imagine what would happen if 1,000, or 1 million, or 1 billion people practiced this simple, intention of Kindness and Caring every day. Together, we would instantly Change Our World!
Angel Deeds for everyday People Like You and Me –
Be Grateful - most experts agree, this is the number one thing that you can do to be a more complete and Happy person ! We have so much to be thankful for, regardless of any material possession that you may or may own.
Make it up in your mind to rise above – taking the first few steps is often the hardest thing to do. But is you are willing to take that first step, very often you realize that you can rise above and that you can rise above. Success often starts to come to you more easily. Soon you will find that you have molded your life more closely to the true desires of your heart.
Most experts agree that the key here is to make some progress each day. No matter how small that progress might seem. Surely, if you can not run to the goal, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl, just so long as you place yourself closer to that goal every day. Eventually, with enough time and effort invested, you are likely to reach that goal.
Wake up proclaiming that this will be your best day ever! A few days started with hope and determination could change your entire life. Start each day with HOPE! In fact, I invite you during the next 7 days to wake up proclaiming that each of these days, will be a Great day. Go through the entire day, believing and knowing that your days are going to be full of potential for you to reach new and higher goals !!
Try this daily affirmation – Say to yourself “I am never worried, never stressed”, (works for me). Or perhaps you will say to yourself, “What I do for others matters”. Repeat your positive affirmation often, and say it with conviction. Soon, your automatic pilot will take over and surely as the tail follows the head; your actions will follow in the path of your thoughts. Perhaps try saying to yourself, “I am happy, I am healthy, I am successful, I enjoy helping other people and my Kids are Awesome”. Continue with this very positive thinking and most surely you will soon see Brighter outcomes unfold for your life. Perhaps you prefer to substitute your own positive thought bubbles - (this is a thought that you will repeat over and over to yourself).
BE a Good Role model. Take very seriously your Role as an example for those inside of your own home, as well as everyone that you come in contact with during the course of a day. Live a life you can be proud of, everyday, not just on Sundays. Leading by example is the most effective thing that any parent can do. When your child sees you helping a someone, lending a hand, making a meal, visiting the sick and shut in, or inviting people into your life who are different than your family, your child will naturally see this example of caring and consider this all normal and expected.
Got an hour? Volunteer with us or get ideas about other thing that you can do: ChangeTheWorld Foundation.com/ideas
Be Nice - This is something EVERYONE can do--you don’t need any money or any talent. Simply smile, say "Hello!" or hold the door for someone. You never know the impact. It could change someone’s whole day, week...or life...or simply inspire others to continue the cycle. Before you know it, your smile will have impacted THOUSANDS of lives.
Listen - Listen to people, let them talk, learn about their lives, sometimes that’s the MOST important gift you can give someone.
- You are the only person responsible for our own success or lack thereof.
- My personal definition of success is successfully contributing to an increased quality of life for as many people as possible.
- You are the master of your destiny, the captain of your soul
- Never quit – never, never, never ever never quit!